« Back to the Use Cases
Growth and strategy.
What is it about?
Car dealer group on the way to the right growth strategy.
- Automotive trade industry in massive concentration process
- Car dealer group has quintupled its sales in the last 10 years
- Strong external growth through integration of intrabrand competitors
- Three core brands and two niche brands, with one core brand in deficit
- Profitability slightly below average, strong business growth leads to high debt ratio
- The strong growth of the past increases the pressure to become more profitable
- Management level still too strongly geared to a medium-sized company instead of a retail group
- Farms are managed in a very decentralized manner. Principalities.
- Competitive strategic positioning in cooperation with management and shareholders
- Structural concept to reduce complexity costs and increase transparency of the respective brand results
- Outsourcing of car dealership real estate to ownership company in a tax-optimized manner
- Organizational concept according to “Hub-and-Spoke” model; thereby reducing the number of sites and expanding the remaining sites.
- Installation of a “Shared Services” as central functions in Accounting, Controlling, Marketing, Online Sales, GW Valuation, Disposition, IT, Legal
- New management levels and reporting channels introduced
- Future workshop with all managers and top performers to prepare management for the “new era”
Develop digital strategy to professionalize online sales and digitally integrate internal processes